Who are we?
XYZ Insurance Services LTD is a registered company in England under company 06776224.
This notice informs you how we use the information you give us and how we protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act 2017 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (details below). Our licence number is Z1713280. This can be checked on www.ico.org.uk<http://www.ico.org.uk>
What information do we collect from visitors to the Site?
The information you provide may be used by us to offer you a quotation, deal with any aspects of your policy, to search credit reference agencies (who may keep a record of the search), and for customer surveys, market research and compliance business reviews. The information you provide us with may include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, renewal date(s), bank details including your credit/debit card number and expiry date and details of your directors, officers, employees and partners who must have consented to our using their details. Such information may be disclosed to regulatory bodies such as the Financial Conduct Authority and to other insurance organisations, professional advisers and mediation companies to administer and regulate your insurance, help offset risks and prevent fraud. Any information you supply to us must be accurate and up to date and you should inform us if any such information requires updating.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your information for the purpose of Insurance contract administration or providing quotations.
Sharing your data
We may share your personal data with the following organisations –
* Your Insurer/Provider/Lender with whom we obtain quotations and with whom we agree to place your business
* The Financial Conduct Authority with whom we are regulated or other regulated bodies as required
* Any Law enforcement entities as required in UK Law
* We may verify your identity by searching publicly available records held by credit reference agencies
* Any customers will be required to undertake a credit check by the Lender
* Any other third parties to whom you may share data / note about locum firms if required – not marketing as this is separate
We will not sell or share your information with any other third parties unless we have obtained additional consent from you.
Additionally XYZ Insurance Services LTD and other selected third parties may use the information to inform you about any products, services and offers we may consider to be of interest to you. We will do this by writing to you, by telephone, by fax, by email or by access to our website. Your information may also be disclosed and used for these purposes after your policy has lapsed. If you do not wish your data to be used in this way, please write to us at the following address: XYZ Insurance, Unit 2 Kings Road, Charfleets Industrial Estate, Canvey Island, Essex SS80QY or inform a member of staff over the telephone. If for any reason you do not want to receive this information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your information may be used to introduce you to a range of products and services we offer, to help with ongoing administration, to contact you with any review or changes that are applicable, for our own business research and analysis or for the processing of a claim.
Withholding of the required data may result in an insufficient service being provided or future claims being declined.
There is a tick box that you have to accept before entering the quote system which says the following:
How do you access the personal information we hold about you
You are entitled to a copy of all the information we hold about you. You can do this by writing to us or asking a member of staff.
Your rights regarding your data –
* We will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary. You can request for your data to be deleted 7 years after you have terminated as a client of our firm unless there is a lawful basis for retention
* Should your data be inaccurate we will rectify this without delay
* Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact the office as shown further below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful basis for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly
* Should you wish to transfer your data to another organisation, please contact the office as below and we will organise this for you
* You can request access to your data at any time. We will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request
* You can withdraw consent to us holding and processing your information at any time. Please contact the office as below should you wish to do this
* We may provide you with newsletters and bulletins which are appropriate to your plans on an ongoing basis – this will be explained to you if it is applicable. You can opt out of these should you wish to – contact us and advise us if you wish to
What about third party websites that you can access via the Site?
Security of your data
Under the Data Protection Act we can only discuss your details with you. If you would like anyone else to act on your behalf please let us know. Your personal details may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, however they will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of UK law. We will store your personal information on our secure database but will not keep them longer than is necessary. Please be aware that the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure during transmission.
We have in place a full information security policy, business continuity and disaster recovery plans. We take data security very seriously and have in place we feel the most secure options available to store and transfer your data securely. We can provide details on request.
Our contact details – should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Mrs Lisa Clark
Unit 2 Kings Road
You will be responded to as promptly as possible
Your right to complain – should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our firm, you can contact us as above or you can contact our regulator as follows:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
What if you subscribe to any of our services?
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided: You can send email to email@example.com
Consent – We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact us directly.
Please contact us should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.